A little bit kooky & quirky. Always fun and looking on the bright side even if it gets ridiculous!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sea Kings










I reworked a silly painting I did a while ago and made it even sillier - is that a word?

Yes, the fish have crowns.  After completing a request for a commission for a yellow bird 'Line of Royalty' painting, I'm re-visiting that whole idea of animals wearing crowns.  Crazy idea.

I wanted to show that I actually have been painting, the knitting addiction has abated - somewhat.  The colours in this photo are rather muted.  In reality the painting is full of rich teals and water blues and greens.  Much more saturated than this photo.  Also, the gold/copper/silver leaf crowns never photograph well.  But you get the idea.  It's more contemporary fun from the studio of doo wadda wadda art.

Mixed media - acrylic, gold/copper/silver leaf
30 x 12
wide profile canvas
$750

No comments: