A little bit kooky & quirky. Always fun and looking on the bright side even if it gets ridiculous!

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Tools of the Trade

Lately I've been asked, 'What medium do you use in the 'Tobogganeers' and 'Freewheelers'?

Well, I tried the very neat and easy black ink pens available in a wide assortment, but they gave a very uniform line.  I like a bit of variety in line width.  Makes things more interesting.  Also, I wanted a darker black than a pen delivers.  So, never one to take the easy route, I decided against using a standard pen.

After rummaging around in my fairly cluttered art room, I found my India ink and ink pen.  Nice very dark black line in varying widths.  I like it.  But, it does create a degree of, um. . . technical failure.  Like blotting or splattering.  Really annoying when it happens on one of the last strokes to a painting which means it is put in the rejects pile and I start again.

So each piece is truly an original.  Right down to the personality delivered by that pen.

No comments: